Students interested in the Massage Therapy and skin care programs must obtain a brochure inquiry card over the phone, via e-mail or in person. The application form in the brochure inquiry card must be completed and mailed or brought to the school with a non-refundable application fee of $25.00.
An interview will be scheduled with the prospective student. During the interview the applicant will complete an Application for Admission form. Once admitted to the program the student
signs the enrollment agreement. Enrollment is on a first come first serve basis.
The following are requirements for admission to the Academy of Massage and Bodywork, Ltd.
- The candidate must be 18 years of age
- The candidate must submit a copy of the high school diploma, GED certificate or college transcript, along with a copy of a valid driverís license or other form of identification
- The candidate must complete the application form and student questionnaire
- The candidate must have the ability to reasonably speak, read and write in English
- Have financial resources sufficient to meet all the costs of attending school
- Be physically coordinated and flexible, and have the strength and stamina necessary to perform massage and skin care procedures over a period of several hours
- Be able to exercise good judgment
- Demonstrate self-disciplined, professional attitude toward working with people
The Academy of Massage and Bodywork
neither denies nor discriminates against students enrolled at the school on the basis of
race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, age,
disability or national origin and will not consider these factors in determining eligibility.
Students and faculty of the Academy of Massage and Bodywork, Ltd. are required to observe high standards of ethical behavior and to conduct themselves in a mature, modest and respectful manner. They are required to be punctual and prepared to participate fully in all classes. Students must make up all class time for which they are absent by attending additional classes and assignments. Passing grades of 70% and above are required on all written evaluations for successful completion of each course. Dress should be clean, non-restrictive and neat in appearance.
We encourage prospective students to tour our school, meet the instructors and staff, observe classes, and receive a massage or facial in our student clinic. Prospective students who meet our admissions requirements should submit the application form and questionnaire to the Academy of Massage and Bodywork by mail or fax.